Thursday, May 8, 2008

Warmth?

Sorry for not posting in so long, and hello

Had a family issue and a bit of a frustrating setback so I am going to post what I should have posted sometime ago. Just really a few descriptions and of course photos. One major event happened last week with my wife's family. They are okay but very shaken from a robbery, so my wife flew back home to spend some time with them. In addition to which WATER spilled on my camera and it no longer takes pictures. It'll cost $160 to fix, and I can probably get one from ebay for that price. Yet until I get our house in Florida rented, and Priscilla starts working I'm not spending a penny. Luckily she has a nice Casio....a pink Casio, so I'll have to be really discreet.

So compliments of Amanda who, as a going away present paid for my wife and I to visit the Seattle Aquarium...here are some photos of the exhibits. Thank you Amanda






I have to admit, that's the first time I saw a seal, the aquarium must have been created a long time ago, and it must have been quite an experience, but now with mega aquariums like Atlanta's this one is still nice but not exceptional. Kids frequently camp out in the aquarium, there are shows from time to time and you can touch and play with the starfish in the exhibits. The variety is small but nevertheless its still an interesting visit. It aquarium does an excellent job of giving the history of Seattle's ocean and river ecology and there are many guides there to give interesting facts about the specimens along the way.

We also took the time to visit the Seattle art museum which has an exhibit called "The Roman's are coming", where Roman art from the Louvre was flown here. It was $10 to get in and we spent 3 hours browsing through the exhibit and only got 1/2 way done! Its was absolutely amazing, unfortunately no pictures are allowed. Get this though, the museum is about 5 stories tall, and we were on 1 floor in one wing. So to tour the whole thing takes a few days, AND the museum is free every 1st Thursday of the month, which means something to do for free.

One thing Pris and I tried to do recently was try to take a drive down the North Cascades Highway. LOL we did about 20 miles of the drive. We heard it was an amazing thing. Well needless to say, I didn't get very far, we must have only gotten to the beginning of the scenery, but the road got lonely fast and it as getting dark. I don't like lonely dark roads in the middle of nowhere. So with the pink camera I took a couple shots.

LOL one day we'll do the whole road, until them I'm going to leave the Cascades to the coyotes and bears.

And yes, this place does get more and more beautiful, but the cold never seems to go away. I was told, I have to wait until the 4th of July and take up skiing if I was going to survive 3 years or more here. I believe that I'll be buying myself some ski equipment very soon. Take it easy for now, will post again soon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about Pricilla’s family and the weather, but glad you are enjoying the sites. My aunt has a house on the Puget Sound with a floating dock and every morning there are seals that sun bathing on it. Plus, on the shore you can find a fiddler crab under any rock. My sisters and I used to see who could collect the most. Anyway, I am glad you are surviving.

Best wishes,

Amanda

Heaven's Gate said...

Manda nice to hear from you!